We are located in beautiful Oakville, Ontario and our staff at our residence, are second to none; you’ll never meet a more pleasant and obliging group of people. Our community is ideal for individuals who enjoy the many things the exciting city of Oakville has to offer. We opened our doors In February 2015 bringing an extraordinary luxury, comfort and security to your everyday living.
Come rediscover and enhance your lifestyle. Our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day!
Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it.
Want to join us?
Under the direction of the environmental services manager is responsible for performing housekeeping tasks in an efficient manner, with due consideration for the needs and comfort of the residents. Some laundry and dietary tasks may be required.
Minimum grade 10 education. Must be able to follow oral and written instructions in the English language. Needs visual acuity to ensure cleaning tasks are performed to standards. Must be physically able to perform the duties and withstand long periods of standing. Experience in a long-term care or retirement home setting in a housekeeping department will be given preference.
- Participates actively in, and contributes to, the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Performs daily and weekly cleaning and vacuuming of resident suites as required in accordance with established procedures, schedules and job routines.
- Cleans all offices, staff room, common areas, resident laundry rooms, washrooms, hallways and stairwells according to established policies, procedures and schedules.
- Replenishes paper supplies and hand soap as required.
- Provides general assistance to residents as required.
- Ensures all carpet areas are stain free.
- Completes audits as assigned.
- Performs additional cleaning as required, in accordance with established procedures and schedules. Washes walls, ceilings, lights, vents, fans, appliances, insides and tops of windows, door frames and all wall hangings.
- Picks up and disposes of garbage from waste containers daily.
- Ensures housekeeping room, closets, equipment and carts are kept in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
- Assists with setting up residents’ continental breakfast as required.
- Participates in applicable staff meetings and in-service training within the home.
- Performs laundry duties as necessary.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the environmental services supervisor.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- All offers of employment are subject to Criminal Background Check. We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.
We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.
We offer our employees top wage ($15.34 to $16.99) based on experience and benefits package. We pride ourselves on our excellent company culture, our very clean and safe working environment, and our commitment to continue being an equal opportunity company and hiring a diverse work team
Please apply today!