Advanced level DIY sales position with expert knowledge of DIY business. The role has expert knowledge of store operations, advanced automotive system knowledge and parts knowledge. This role is responsible for providing advanced automotive problem resolution including identification, trouble shooting and project assistance for DIY customers. The role has the ability to source from numerous places including special order, FDO, second source, etc. The role has in-depth knowledge of the store inventory and maintenance processes. Fleet safety is preferred.
• Best in class customer service and DIY issue resolution
• Provide GAS3 selling experience for all DIY customers including walk-in, on-line orders and phone
• Achieve personal / store sales goals and service objectives
• Ensure high standards of customer service and store appearance standards
• Key holder responsibilities (task assignment and completion, safety, open/close duties)
• Assist in store inventory processes including POGs, truck put away, shoot outs, cycle counts, back stock, etc.
• Back Up to Professional services
• Store Cleanliness including floors, bathrooms, facing, dusting, parking lot
• Advanced selling skills (GAS3) for DIY
• Friendly communication
• Ability to locate and stock parts
• Safety knowledge and skills
• Operating inventory systems and store equipment
• Parts and automotive system knowledge skills
• Operating POS and Parts lookup systems
• Expert at testing and diagnostic equipment for DIY services
• Advanced solution, project and product quality recommendation ability
• Advanced parts lookup and sourcing
Essential Job Skills Necessary for Success as a Retail Parts Pro
• Working knowledge of automotive systems, and diagnostic ability to include: internal engine, suspension, brakes, electronic, exhaust, etc.
• Speak and write English communicate effectively and build strong relationships with customers, peers and management
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, parts catalogs, and procedure manuals; ability to write simple correspondence
• Understand and execute instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Successfully complete the Parts Knowledge Assessment
• Use basic math accurately: add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work an assortment of days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Prior Experience that Sets a Retail Parts Pro up for Success
• 1-2 years of prior automotive parts experience
• Proven sales ability with past experience in fulfillment of customer transactions
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• ASE certification preferred, but not required
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will predominantly be walking or standing. The employee is required to be able to talk and hear, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is usually working inside; however, they will occasionally be outside and exposed to various weather conditions while performing such tasks as installing batteries and wiper blades. The employee is also occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; explosives; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.