We have been recognized for providing exemplary care to our local residents and the surrounding population for generations. Our dedicated and highly trained staff members & Physicians proudly offer the attention and personal care that only small community hospitals can provide. Together, our organizations provide a continuum of excellent, efficient and integrated services with our focus being to improve the health and quality of life of those we serve.
We currently have opportunities for Permanent Part-time & Casual Registered Nurses to join our Emergency Departments at both the Almonte and Carleton Place locations.
The Registered Nurses in the Emergency Department are responsible for providing quality nursing care to the patients and their family members by utilizing the nursing processes and following the Standards of Nursing Practice as outlined by the College of Nurses.
- Plan nursing care to meet identified needs utilizing special skills and critical thinking.
- Provide safe and timely nursing assessments and care to patients in the Emergency Department
- Assess & share the needs of the individual patients with other members of the health care team.
- Communicate vital information to members of the health care team in the ED and between departments.
- Completes accurate patient documentation in compliance with CNO standards.
- Demonstrate a caring and empathetic approach to patients and their families.
- Keep patient information confidential in accordance with the information protection legislation.
- Work safely and in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Maintain competency by attending education programs, seminars, workshops.
It is essential that the incumbent possess the following qualifications:
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses
- Minimum of 1 year recent experience working in an Emergency Department including Triage (May consider applicants with Critical Care Experience)
- Must have current CPR and ACLS
- Must have PALS (or being willing to obtain within 60 days of hire)
- Preferred TNCC, ACTN or ENPC
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes
If you require accommodation throughout any part of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources to let us know how we may assist you.