DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communications with Stakeholders: Maintains effective and on-going communication with the shopping centre’s management, operations and security to ensure that the guest services team are well-informed at all times on new store openings, store relocations and closures as well as centre promotions and events, to be able to better serve centre’s guests and visitors.
- Customer Relations: Monitors customer satisfaction levels to ensure client concerns and questions are being addressed and resolved on a timely basis and in a professional manner; completes and follows up on guest reports or complaints, when required; provides status reports to center management on key issues and status of the function, as required; tracks statistics of usage of Guest Services function in terms of guests served, sales and rentals etc.; assists in the development and implementations of new programs, policies, procedures and services to improve client satisfaction across the center.
- Gift Certificate Program: Oversees the Gift Card/Certificate Program for the center including staff training, daily, weekly and monthly reporting, inventory control of valuables, supplies and equipment, and arrangement for repairs of equipment, as required to ensure that the Gift Card/Certificate Program is effective, financially sounds and adds value for the tenants and guests.
- Special Events and Programs: Leads the centre’s Lost & Found Program to improve customer satisfaction and shopping experience of the centre’s guests and visitors; works closely with Specialty Leasing and Specialty Leasing functions providing support to the center-wide promotions, events, and temporary tenancies, as required.
- Management and Development of Staff: Supervises the centre’s guest services team including maintaining sufficient staffing levels through recruitment and selection, scheduling, staff training and development, staff motivation and goal-setting, monitoring and enforcing adherence to procedures, policies and practices, payroll and timesheet submission as well as promotion of teamwork and motivation to ensure that the center exceeds customer expectations of consistent and added-value customer service standards.
Any other job related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- High School or College Diploma in Marketing, Administration or an equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the real estate industry and retail shopping centers
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Strong customer focus and client service skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Superior interpersonal and relationship building skills at all levels of organization
- Ability to handle a high workload in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback and motivate and coach others for better performance
- Demonstrated ability to address diverse management and team dynamics issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Conflict resolution skills.
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (905) 281-3800.