Our company is a diversified Canadian lumber manufacturing company with operations situated in British Columbia and Saskatchewan. We are currently accepting applications for the Lumber Sales and Operations Associate position at our head office in Prince George, BC.
Job Description and Duties
The successful candidate’s primary duty is responding to lumber customer inquiries in a timely, knowledgeable, and professional manner.
Additional lumber sales duties include supporting the following sales functions: logistics, inventory management, credit, market intelligence, business development, and contract negotiations.
Secondary operations duties include assisting other departments such as Woodlands, Accounting and Information Technology with various projects and reporting.
Preference will be given to candidates who display:
- Conscientiousness and diplomacy,
- Proactivity and orientation towards detail,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Capability to work independently and collaboratively,
- Strong organizational, time management, and analytical skills,
- Capacity to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment,
- Eagerness to develop new skills and adopt additional roles,
- Aptitude for project management, data integration, and process-improvement,
- Data-driven and fact-based decision making,
- Creativity and resourcefulness, and
- Initiative, dedication, and tenacity to identify and complete projects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Accounting, Economics, or Mathematics,
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and
- Experience in sales, accounting, and / or marketing.
Desirable Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of or experience working in the lumber industry,
- Experience with logistics planning and inventory management,
- Experience with data visualization software and dashboard management,
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software including but not limited to Salesforce, HubSpot, Zendesk, Zoho, and /or Microsoft Dynamics,
- Proficiency with programming languages and structured data formats, including but not limited to: Java, C#, Python, VB, VBA, HTML and CSS, XML, JSON, XAML, and SQL, and
- CPA designation