Our company is a Maritime owned and operated company, employing over 300 employees at 15 locations in NB, NB, PEI. Like the John Deere equipment we sell; held together by integrity, experience, pride, quality, and customer service, our companyis proud to supply farmers, landscapers, homeowners and construction companies with quality products for the past 14 years.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated individual to fill the position of Director of Finance at our Head Office in Moncton, NB .
Bilingualism is an asset.
Please note: If we like your resume, you will receive an email asking you to take a quick 5 minute questionnaire from Predictive Index. Please keep an eye for it in your email. Sometimes it goes to your junk mail.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director of Finance will manage all financial aspects of the organization including providing analysis and counseling on accounting and financing activities. Define short-term and long-term financial strategies that support the business objectives of the organization and attract, retain, and effectively engage department personnel.
As a strategic business partner to the senior leadership team, the Director of Finance
- Manages financial aspects of the business including finding and managing all lines of credit and making recommendations to appropriate level of management
- Supervises investment of funds and manages cash flow. May work with banks and/or investment banks to raise capital as required for immediate operational needs and/or expansion
- Manages and directs IT / business system projects
- Forecasts requirements for capital, land, buildings, and changes in the work force
- Studies long-range economic trends and evaluates company prospects for future growth in overall sales through mergers/acquisitions and other expansion opportunities
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, reports to stakeholders, tax returns, and reports for governmental regulatory agencies
- Reviews reports to analyze projections of sales and profit against actual figures, reviews budgeted expenses against actual totals, and suggests methods of improving the budget planning process as appropriate
- Oversees the Accounting Department, budget preparation, and audit functions
As the Director of Finance, you have a professional accounting designation (CPA) and 10+ years of experience in financial management, preferably in a related industry. Project management experience considered an asset. Required knowledge of business systems and GAAP, as well as an understanding of internal controls in relation to disclosure and financial reporting. Proven understanding of financial principles relative to budgeting and strategic planning.
Our companyoffers an opportunity for advancement within a progressive organization, a competitive compensation package including comprehensive benefits (health, dental, disability/life insurance, Employee Assistance Program, professional development, etc.), on site parking, and registered pension plan.