RURAL FAMILY MEDICINE & ER PHYSICIAN - Permanent & Locum OPPORTUNITIES IN KENORA, ON!
Kenora, ON is the second largest health centre in Northwestern Ontario, located on beautiful Lake of the Woods, only 2hrs from Winnipeg.
Our vibrant downtown, art & music scene with excellent restaurants and unique shops along with an abundance of lakes & natural beauty provides a fantastic backdrop for your work-life balance!
The service population is made up of approx. 30,000 fulltime residents including the 11 local First Nation communities and the neighbouring towns of Sioux Narrows and Nestor Falls. Lake of the Woods District Hospital is a 66-bed fully accredited, full-service community teaching hospital located on the northern shores of beautiful Lake of the Woods with boat-access for both patients and staff!
We are seeking permanent & locum Rural Family Medicine and/or ER physician to join our dynamic and collegial team!
You will gain extensive experience working in our supportive, collaborative, model of patient care. You will have ample opportunity to build on your expertise working in our family clinics, providing outreach to First Nation communities with additional opportunities working in: hospital inpatient care (rotating schedule), ER, Obstetrics, Surgical Assist
• Join either our Family Health Network (FHN) or Aboriginal Health Access Centre family clinic model with turn-key clinic space and PS suites EMR
• Work with dynamic inter-professional teams of NPs, nurses, dieticians, cultural coordinators, pharmacists, chiropodist, mental health clinicians, health promoters and more to provide the best patient care
• Refer to our local Internal Medicine specialists, General Surgeons or Visiting Specialists with additional supports from Winnipeg and Thunder Bay regional hospitals
• Research and Teaching opportunity through NOSM
• Competitive & lucrative base salary with our FHN or WNHAC primary care payment model
• APP/HOCC for additional hospital work
• RFMLP for locum assignments within our FHN ($800/d clinic and $150/hr ED)
• CPSO Independent registration with or eligible for
• CFPC or CCFP (EM) [ACLS, ATLS, PALS required for ED/Hospital work]
• approx. 20,000 annual ER visits
• Asthma clinic, ECG, EKG, Stress Testing, Holter Monitor, Pacemaker
• Dialysis unit; 24/7 Lab, respiratory therapy and diagnostic imaging – including ultrasound & CT scanner ,On-site Radiologist and on-site Pathologist
• Rehabilitation department (Physiotherapy, OT, SLP)
• 14-bed Schedule 1 facility with on-site Psychiatrist
• Additional referral and support from Thunder Bay Regional Hospital, Winnipeg Health Sciences Center and St. Boniface General Hospital
• Tele-medicine and visiting specialist clinics (Rheumatology, Dermatology, Nephrology)
• After hours/on-call: ER Backup, Hospitalist, Psychiatrist, Internist, Surgeon, Anesthetist, Obstetrics, DI/Radiology, Respiratory Therapist
Contact us today!