The Analyst, Report Developer is accountable to the Business Relationship Manager for the identification, development, maintenance and population of reports and reporting templates used by internal and external stakeholders ensuring timely and accurate delivery. The incumbent using their strong business and technical expertise must apply proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of best practices to resolve issues related to the delivery of quarterly financial packages and annual business plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- User and Business Needs Analysis
Performs reporting requirement analysis by participating and facilitating IT communication within the operation and finance groups, documenting specifications, and developing reporting solutions. Leads the analysis and design of process and reporting requirements.
- Business Process Improvement
Prepares suggestions for continuous improvement to report master templates, in order to ensure the required information, as specified by various stakeholders (e.g. accounting, management, investors, etc.), is included on the templates with both financial and non-financial information.
- Development and Maintenance of Report Templates
Develops and maintains report master templates to increase efficiency and consistency in regular and ad hoc reporting working closely with the internal stakeholders and re-using reports or report components whenever possible. Tools for extraction and report programming include Yardi, Microsoft BI, Excel (Macros, pivot tables, graphs and charts), and Visual Basic.
- Population of Report Templates
Populates, validates and troubleshoots various business reports and master templates by running data quality tests, reviewing the links between templates and relevant data from different source systems and working with the data domain owners.
- Reporting Services Helpdesk Support
Monitors, responds and resolves requests and/or issues from stakeholders within specified timelines.
Any other job-related duties and/or projects that may be assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Education
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Computer Science)
- Strong knowledge of Real Estate business practices and processes in both Commercial (Office, Industrial, Retail) and Residential sectors
- Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant reporting experience
- Previous experience of business process analysis
- Advance knowledge of database design and queries (SQL, Access)
- Strong SSRS skills with Yardi Application, specifically YSR Reporting
- CFA Reports templates
- Good understanding of Yardi data tables
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (especially Excel).
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Systematic thinker
- Critical review skills
- Extensive report writing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and enthusiasm, with a creative flair and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent organization skills
- A hands-on and can-do attitude, with strict attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations to multiple lines of the business
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs with innovative solutions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong team player
AGENCY NOTICE: Please note that Morguard does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, Morguard will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and advanced solicited services from a Morguard employee, Morguard explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at email@example.com or (905) 281-3800.