POSITION: First Cook
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Manager
STATUS OF POSITION: Seasonal
WHO WE ARE: At Horseshoe Resort, we are a team that loves to serve people, priding ourselves on the service that our colleagues deliver to our guests. Horseshoe Resort is always looking for talented individuals to join our growing team of hospitality professionals and recreation enthusiasts. If you are outgoing, friendly and love adventure and the outdoors, you may be the person we are looking for!
The First Cook is responsible for the preparation of proteins and mains within the food and beverage outlets on-site. They prepare for service by stocking, paying attention to proper labeling and storage in order to ensure safe food handling while avoiding wastage.
- Food Safety Certification
- Previous cooking experience in a restaurant environment
- Able to work a variety of shifts, including late evening, weekends and holidays
- Completion of a Culinary Certificate or Diploma is an asset
- Be able to be on their feet for a full shift, up to 8 hours or more
- Work in a hot kitchen in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Be able to twist, bend and reach while working at a fast pace
Join our team today, and enjoy employee perks such as Resort staff pass for yourself and your dependents, retail, lodging, and restaurant discounts, along with additional perks and discounts at our other affiliated resort – Deerhurst Resort in Muskoka.