POSITION: IT APPLICATIONS MANAGER
DEPARTMENT: MANAGEMENT - IT
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Clayton County Water Authority provides water, sewer, and storm water services to more than a quarter of a million people throughout Clayton County and its six cities through approximately 82,000 customer accounts.
POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the IT Applications Manager’s role is to supervise and maintain the organization’s repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team. The IT Applications Manager is responsible for ensuring the application systems and supporting application technologies operate at maximum efficiency, optimal cost effectiveness and highest level of customer satisfaction. This individual will apply proven communication and problem-solving skills to guide and assist application staff and other information technology teams on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the IT Applications team and coordinates efforts with other information technology teams
- Works with business teams to select, implement, and support the applications required to meet business functional needs
- Responsible for successful and sustainable implementation of application solutions
- Communicates issues and reports to management and acts as appropriate
- Oversees the development and deployment of multi-dimensional reports using Crystal Reports, Cognos, and other reporting solutions
- Evaluates the impact of new or enhanced changes to software
- Designs and conducts testing of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission critical software applications
Specific License or Certification: None.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related field preferred; supplemented by seven years of progressively responsible experience, to include lead or supervisory experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
PAYGRADE: 26 (Starts at $38.260/hourly)
DEADLINE: Friday, December 4, 2020