Product Development Engineer – Thin-Film Coatings – Glass Specialist
Rapidly Growing Panel Manufacturer is looking for a Product Development Engineer for Building Integrated Photovoltaic products including Solar Cladding Panels. The ideal candidate will have a background in material science, mechanical, and/or chemical engineering, nanoparticles, and have extensive experience in the development of glass products using films, etching, imprinting, lamination, and/or through the alteration of light transmission properties. We are looking for someone who is creative, and has skills in analysis, problem-solving, and new product development. As part of our R&D team, you will be helping to develop new solar products for large installations.
Toronto-based Mitrex is a world-class developer and manufacturer of next-generation Building Integrated Photovoltaic (BIPV) Cladding Systems for buildings and large structures [Mitrex.com]. We believe that all vertical surface areas of buildings should be able to generate clean solar energy at a competitive price. Our patented, customizable "solar" cladding and glass panels are doing just that—effectively competing against existing non-solar cladding and glass solutions. What we are doing is helping to quickly move the world toward a sustainable future, one building at a time. Do you share our vision, passion, and drive to help reverse climate change? If so, then this is the place for you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a great company culture. The successful candidate will join our team in Etobicoke, and report to the group’s R&D Manager.
- Experience working with glass
- Background in thin-film Chemical Vapour Deposition(CVD), photovoltaics, material science, chemical/mechanical engineering, nanotechnology and/or related fields
- Knowledge of multiple disciplines as they apply to solar energy and cladding technologies
- Must be creative, analytical and be able to solve problems
- Research different glass coatings using CVD techniques (or other thin-film technologies)
- Investigate different glass/ceramic compositions which can be used in photovoltaics
- Develop glass laser welding tools for bonding glass to glass or glass to metal
- Optimize tempering/edge finish processes to increase durability
- Implement acid wash procedures to texture glass
WHAT WE OFFER:
- We offer a salary of $75,000-$110,000/year based on experience, plus bonus based on performance.
- Exceptional opportunity for the right person
- Excellent working environment
- Very stable – Our Company is growing rapidly
- Full-time position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.