We are a fully-integrated supplier of manufacturing and engineering services providing modular assemblies and complex stampings for body-in-white, drive-train, interior and seating applications for the automotive industry. We are looking for a Tool Maker for the Afternoon Shift (2:00pm to 10:00pm) to join our team at our Brampton, ON facility.
Analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts. Also repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists’ hand tools.
- Study specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Compute dimensions, plan layout, and determine assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measure, mark, and scribe metal stock for machining.
- Set up and operate machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts, and verify conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lift machined parts and position and secure parts on surface plate or work table.
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fit and assemble parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Heat treat tools or parts.
- Examine standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommend design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Develop specifications from general descriptions for specialty tools and draw or sketch design of product.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and the OHSA.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively.
- Organization and basic office skills, including computer, data entry, and word processing skills as necessary
Excellent Compensation and Benefits Package
Apply Today - Join a great team within a great community. Fantastic working environment friendly atmosphere and room to grow!
We are committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we are a part of. We ensure compliance with all applicable legislation including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation.