Architectural Designer/Drafter Co-op (May-August 2021)
Hourly Wage: $20-$30/hour
Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an architect student with AutoCAD and Revit experience to design facades for high-rise building structures. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
We are Mitrex Inc., a purpose-based developer and manufacturer of Integrated Photovoltaic (such as BIPV) Systems for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable "solar" solutions that are price-competitive with traditional cladding panels, we are on the verge of revolutionizing the industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
Mitrex is an equal opportunity employer with a great company culture. The successful candidate will lead our production team in Toronto.
If you are selected for an interview, please bring your resume and portfolio.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Architecture with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be enrolled in a university/college for the 2021-2022 school year in an architect related program
- Experience with Auto CAD, 3ds Max, Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign Software is an asset
- Knowledge of building codes is an asset.
- Prepare construction drawings of varying complexity on high-rise multi-residential, commercial, and institutional projects.
- Prepare shop drawings and cut sheets of facades for the production line
- Draft 2D and 3D basic building systems and mark-up drawings.
- Shop drawing panel layout design
- System connecting details
- Revisions and editing of designs
- Preparation of BOM and materials for ordering
What we offer:
We offer a salary of $20-$30/hour based on experience.
- Exceptional opportunity for the right person
- Excellent working environment
- Very stable – Our Company is well funded and growing rapidly.
- Hours – 5-day work-week – 7:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Full-time position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.