We are a leading innovator in custom office storage and furnishings. As one of the largest office furniture manufacturers globally, we provide award-winning furnishings to some of the world's leading companies. We started operations in Pembroke in 1992 and continue to thrive in Canada and our other locations globally.
Our Pembroke location includes Design, Engineering, Purchasing, Research and Development, Human Resources, Accounting, Maintenance and Production teams. Our Pembroke facility exports approximately 95% of our product to the US.
How We Care About Our Employees:
As a world-class company we offer best-in-class benefits to our employees and an incredible workplace. Our manufacturing facility in Pembroke is a welcoming and inclusive environment where great people work and support each other. We have a diverse team that spans newer employees and those who have been with the company for over 25 years.
The company offers incredible benefits including:
- Comprehensive medical and dental
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- On the job training and mentoring
- Educational reimbursements
- RRSP matching
- So much more!
Compensation: Annual compensation for the right individual is in the range with bonus opportunity available.
Our Ideal Person:
To be completely successful in this position you ideally have at least 5 years experience as an Electrician and a minimum of 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
This is a very fast-paced environment, so you are eager and outgoing while focused on quality and efficiency.
In this full-time position you will be part of the Maintenance Team and will work closely with our Engineering Department.
- Maintaining a safe and fully operable facility
- Supporting manufacturing efficiency levels
- Responding to equipment malfunctions from an electrical and non-electrical perspective
- Dealing with vendors when outsourcing is required to respond to equipment issues
- Routine and preventive maintenance on all plant facility, including equipment and grounds
- Work order fulfillment
- Take a leadership role in all safety efforts
- Participate actively in safety teams/brigades
- Commitment to 5S/6S
- Identify opportunities for improvement and support corresponding plans/proposals
Respond to plant issues, working with Technicians, Engineers and Managers to make improvements and take preventive actions.
Other business responsibilities as requested, including providing support to Engineering Team.
- Graduate of an accredited post-secondary institution
- Journeyman Required
- Experience in a steel manufacturing setting preferred
- Experience in dealing with confidential information required
- Experience with lasers, turret punches, hydraulic brakes/punches, robotics and PLC programming/controls preferred
- Working at heights, WHIMS, forklift training, overhead crane training, HVAC, natural gas experience preferred.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and implement the resolution
- Ability to work with contractors
- Satisfactory written and oral communication skills
- Developed leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills
- Work well under pressure
OTHER SPECIAL (NON-PHYSICAL) REQUIREMENTS
- While knowledge, skills and experience are important to us, we pride ourselves on hiring quality talent who will be a ‘fit’ for our team. We value employees who have strong work ethics, leadership qualities, humility, and passion. Should knowledge or experience gaps exist, for the right person, we will provide all required training and mentoring.
If you believe you are a fit for our team, we encourage you to apply today for immediate consideration.
We are an equal opportunity employer.