Mitrex, an Integrated solar and construction solution provider, is looking for an architect student with AutoCAD and Revit experience to design facades for high-rise building structures. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
At Mitrex, we develop and manufacture solar construction materials for buildings and large structures (Mitrex.com). As the world's first manufacturer to develop customizable solar solutions, we are revolutionizing the construction industry, while helping to move the world toward clean, sustainable energy production.
Mitrex is an equal opportunity employer with great company culture. The successful candidate will join our design team in Etobicoke.
If you are selected for an interview, please bring your resume and portfolio.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Architecture with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Must be enrolled in a university/college for the 2021-2022 school year in an architect related program
- Experience with Auto CAD, 3ds Max, Rhino, Grasshopper, Revit
- Experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign Software is an asset
- Knowledge of building codes is an asset.
- Prepare construction drawings of varying complexity on high-rise multi-residential, commercial, and institutional projects
- Draft 2D and 3D basic building systems and mark-up drawings
- Prepare installation manuals for installers
- Revisions and editing of designs
- Preparation of BOM and materials for ordering
- Other duties as requested
WHAT WE OFFER
- Hourly rate of $20/hour.
- Free charging and reserved parking for electric vehicles
- Collaborative and diverse culture, open concept modern office space
- Unlimited room for advancement and growth
- Backed by 20 years of experience through our parent company, GCAT Group
- Full-time temporary position
We have implemented extensive measures for Covid-19 workplace safety procedures including physical distancing, masks, increased cleaning/sanitizing frequency, glass partitions between desks, etc.
Mitrex Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds. Candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada (without employer sponsorship) and can commute to the office every day are welcome to apply.
If you are invited for an interview, please bring your portfolio.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in our company. However, due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls (except for accommodation requests) or unsolicited agency calls, please.